Georgina Hope Foundation Swimmer Support Scheme (GHFSS)
The Georgina Hope Foundation Swimmers Support Scheme has been established through the generosity of the Georgina Hope Foundation to provide funding to support elite swimmers in their training and competition environments, to assist them in pursuing educational opportunities, and to provide relief in cases of hardship or misadventure.
Click here for more information.
AIS - Athlete Grant
The Australian Government recognises the critical importance of investing in our current and future champions so they can focus on training in preparation for representing Australia.
Click here for more information.
Swimming Australia’s Personal Excellence Grants
Swimming Australia are excited to offer the following Personal Excellence grants for 2016. The grants are open for the nomination of any Australia’s Winning Edge (AWE) categorised athlete by themselves, their parents, family, friends and teammates, teachers, employers or Personal Excellence Advisors.
Career development skills package – Chandler MacLeod
The career development skills package is designed to assist a swimmer who is seeking to develop the professional skills required to progress their career. The package includes a one to one individually tailored career development program from Chandler MacLeod to the value of $3000, for example:
- Individual assessment and feedback on leadership style and organisational preferences
- A career action plan
- Access to online career transition program and coaching
- Resume preparation
- Elevator pitch and public speaking
- Understanding recruiter behaviour
- Networking to get work; individual marketing strategy and networking
- Interview skills (including panel skills), negotiation skills, and personal leadership
Entrepreneur start up package – The Startup Factory
The Entrepreneur start up package is designed to assist a swimmer with the first steps in establishing a start-up business in any field or industry, or for self-representation as an athlete. The package includes one on one guidance from The Startup Factory consultants to the value of $3000, tailored to the specific requirements of the successful nominee, including:
- A company name availability check
- Company registration and documentation
- ABN and GST registration (if required)
- Development of a unique logo by an Australian graphic designer
- Corresponding business stationery
- Domain name registration
- Email address set-up
- 12 months’ web hosting
- Consultation with a commercial lawyer and branding trade mark lawyer
- Insurance quotes as required for the business
Nominations open Monday 3 October and close 5pm Wednesday 2 November.
Recipients will be selected by Swimming Australia’s Personal Excellence Steering Committee based on the following criteria and will be presented at the Swimming Australia Gala Dinner Sunday 6 November.
In 250 words or less, please outline how your nominated swimmer would benefit from a Personal Excellence grant, and detail how the grant would be used.
Please also indicate the preferred PE Grant - entrepreneur start up package, or career development skills package; and state the nominee’s name, your name, your relationship with the nominee, and your email address.
Email nominations to email@example.com