As part of its ongoing efforts to support athletes, the World Anti-Doping Agency has announced that its free ADAMS app for smartphones is now available on Android devices.
For athletes using iPhone devices, you can download an App at the iTunes App Store
Using their Android or iPhone, athletes can enter, check, and change their whereabouts details at any time with just a few clicks. Using mobile notifications, the app also helps the athletes to remember their obligations to submit whereabouts, including the relevant deadlines to do so.
FINA Registered Testing Pool Athletes (International RTP)
All swimmers in the international RTP are required to submit their whereabouts information to FINA including:
- Permanent mailing address
- Residential address
- One-hour testing time
- Regular training schedule, including times and locations
Swimming Australia will notify a swimmer of their inclusion in FINA's RTP prior to the start of every quarter. Athletes are required to submit their whereabouts to FINA using the Anti-Doping Administration & Management System (ADAMS)
Submit your ADAMS whereabouts now:
Download the iPhone app
Download the Android app
ADAMS quick user guide
ADAMS user guide version 3.2
ASADA Registered Testing Pool Athletes (Domestic RTP).
All swimmers in ASADA's RTP are required to provide accurate and up-to-date information on their whereabouts. Athletes on the domestic RTP will be informed in writing by ASADA and given an outline on how to provide location information using the ADAMS system (link above).
Read the ASADA Whereabouts Policy
If you require any assistance with ANY whereabouts issues or ideas on how to remain compliant, you can contact ASADA directly for help email@example.com
As a refresher, make sure you check out the ADAMS hints and tips on this ASADA website page - https://www.asada.gov.au/anti-doping-programmes/whereabouts/adams-hints-and-tips
Phone: 13 000 ASADA (13 000 27232) If calling from outside Australia call: +61 2 6222 4200
ADAMS Technical Helpdesk (based in Canada)
Phone: +1 514 904 8800
SMS last minute whereabouts changes: +44 7781 480710
(They will appear on your calendar as an attachment.)
Summary of Key Suggestions
- Set a phone alarm to remind you to check that you will be where you need to be for your designated time slot
- Save the Whereabouts SMS number in your phone, make sure the service is activated in your ADAMS profile
- Ask close friends and family to remind you to update, especially in the off-season or if on holiday
- Ensure friends and family are aware of your obligations as an athlete in the RTP
- Print a copy of your ADAMS calendar for those who may need to be aware, such as coaches
- Contact Swimming Australia if you need help. Please contact Lynn Fowlie Lynn.firstname.lastname@example.org or Mark Osborne Mark.Osborne@swimming.org.au for assistance
- Submit Whereabouts information ahead of the submission deadline as this gives to time to address any technical issues if you happen to experience them
- Keep on top of updating Whereabouts information, as a pattern of last-minute Whereabouts updates could damage the chances of receiving a reduced sanction after a Whereabouts violation
- Make sure up-to-date email and phone numbers are saved in your ADAMS profile so reminders can be sent to you regarding submitting Whereabouts.