Benefits to your organisation
The programme may also offer the following benefits to your organisation:
- The creation of new pathways for children to progress from school-based swimming into ongoing participation in swim school and community swimming clubs
- The opportunity to establish close relationships with Australian Primary Schools through the delivery of school-based swimming programmes
- Access to funding to support swimming programme outcomes and delivery.
Registration minimum standards
Your organisation can register for FREE via the Sporting Schools website as long as it meets the following minimum requirements:
- Provision of your organisation’s ABN (or declaration of ABN exemption)
- Cover for public liability and professional indemnity insurance (minimum $10 million each)
- Acceptance of the Sporting Schools terms and conditions for your sporting organisations
- Affiliation or membership with Swimming Australia, Swim Australia or AUSTSWIM.
Once registered, your organisation will be able to provide information to local primary schools to promote your swimming programmes and primary schools will be able to contact you to plan and confirm programmes. In order to commence delivery of swimming programmes, your organisation will also need to register any swimming coaches or swimming and water safety teachers via the Sporting Schools website. All swimming coaches or swimming and water safety teachers will need to meet the following minimum standards established by the ASC and Swimming Australia:
- Swimming coaching and / or swimming and water safety teacher accreditation (Swimming Australia Bronze Coaching Course accreditation (or higher), Swim Australia Teacher of Competitive Swimming (SAT CS) and / or AUSTSWIM Teacher of Towards Competitive Strokes)
- Current Working with Children Check.
Are you ready to register?
You can register now via the Sporting Schools website
- Select the ‘register’ icon at the top of the page
- Sign up as a Sporting Schools individual member and activate your account via the email link sent to you
- Login and select ‘Register a Sporting Organisation’ and enter your details
- Agree to the terms and conditions and submit the form.
Your sporting organisation will then be encouraged to create a profile page on the Sporting Schools website which will help create connections in local communities.