The 2018 Hancock Prospecting Short Course Championships is coming to Melbourne. With less than 25 days to go, here’s 25 reasons to attend!
1. It’s at MSAC – the first national swimming event in over 10 years to take place in Melbourne – the sports capital of Australia.
2. See home-town hero and Olympic Gold medalist Mack Horton competing and all your favourite Australian Dolphins from the recent Commonwealth Games and Pan Pacs Championships in Japan.
3. Tickets prices from $10 ($8 for kids) – this family-friendly sporting event is affordable for the whole family – Buy tickets here.
4. FREE entry for Kids on Super Saturday (October 27) when they wear a superhero costume.
5. It’s swum in a 25m pool – every seat can see more of the action, bigger splash, more turns – it’s swimming’s T20.
6. The World Short Course Australian Team Selection up for grabs – who will qualify? See it all live.
7. Live Optus DJ on pool deck with Australian Dolphin Andrew Lauterstein and special guest Michael Klim on Saturday pumping out the tunes to warm up the crowd and the athletes.
8. Optus fanzone – create your own signs to cheer on your superheroes, collect your thunder sticks to make the loudest noise in the crowd.
9. Arena pop-up shop – get exclusive offers and dress like your favourite athletes.
10. See Live@TheLounge with Australian Dolphin Josh Beaver doing pool deck interviews
11. The Pimms Poolside Pass - a new VIP enclosure where you can expect to get splashed!
12. Visit CentreLane – the fan engagement zone including gourmet food trucks, sponsor activities, prizes, merchandise and fun.
13. Arena ‘Meet & Greet’ with the Dolphins including Cate Campbell and Shayna Jack on Saturday in arena pop-up shop in CentreLane.
14. Take part in the MOVE IT Melbourne fun – find your 30.
15. Watch the big screen to see the Dolphins complete the Melbourne Minute – can you beat them?
16. The Australian Volunteer of the Year will be announced.
17. The Australian Swim Club of the year will be announced.
18. Super Serious Sports Swim Challenge - which sport will take out the title?
19. Take part or watch the MOVE IT Masters Club Relay. The curtain-raiser to the main event.
20. Take part or watch local swim Club in the Optus Swim Club Relays as the pre-race entertainment.
21. The COON Cheese food truck returns on Saturday 27 October. $1 from every toastie sold will go towards the Optus Junior Dolphins program.
22. WIN a Fitbit Versa and start tracking your swim laps.
23. Fans can compete in the Melbourne Minute to win prizes. How many Melbourne ‘things’ can you name in one minute?
24. MSAC is easy to access via public transport. There’s a tram stop right out the front! Catch the 12 or 96 from CBD Melbourne.
25. MSAC is surrounded by great restaurants, parklands and facilities. Make a weekend trip and visit the most livable city.
For all the latest on the 2018 Hancock Prospecting Short Course Championships, visit our event page.