After making the switch from cross country to swimming four years ago, Alexander Tuckfield has never looked back. Coming through the para pathway program and being selected in the Para Development Squad has seen Tuckfield harness his talent in the pool and achieve his goal of making the Paralympics. Qualifying in the Men's 400m Freestyle (S9), Tuckfield will line up on the blocks against the reigning Paralympic champion, fellow Dolphin and teammate, Brenden Hall. A self-confessed Tool fan, Tuckfield loves music and it motivates him to push through every training session and race.Read More
Tokyo, Japan 2020 (2021)
- Won bronze in Men's 400m Freestyle (S9)
- Placed 18th in the Men's 50m Freestyle (S9)
- Tuckfield made his international debut in Tokyo.
In The Pool
Get to know Alex
- When did you start swimming?
- What's your favourite swimming memory?
- What's on your pre-race playlist?
- Three words that best describe me
- What are your hobbies away from swimming?
- Who is the most famous person you've met?
- Do you have any pets?
- What's your favourite meal?
I've been competitively swimming for three years but I have been swimming ever since I was a little boy.
Making this Paralympic team for Tokyo.
Every song from the band Tool, and I especially like their song, 'The Grudge'.
Listening to music, mainly Tool and playing video games.
A border collie named, Ari.