Originally born in Wales, David Morgan hails from swimming pedigree, with his mother representing Great Britain at the Montreal Olympics in the Women’s 100m Backstroke. He made his Australian Dolphins debut at the World Short Course Championships in Doha in 2014 and in his first World Championships he won silver as a heat swimmer in the Men’s 4x100m Medley Relay in Kazan, 2015. The following year at the Rio Olympic Games he won bronze in the Men’s 4x100m Medley Relay, swimming the butterfly leg. In his hometown of the Gold Coast, he secured a silver medal in the Men’s 200m Butterfly and won gold in the Men’s 4x100m Medley Relay at the 2018 Commonwealth Games.Read More
Rio, Brazil 2016
- Won bronze in the Men’s 4x100m Medley Relay
Tokyo, Japan 2020 (2021)
- Placed 5th overall in the Men's 4x100m Medley Relay
- Placed 35th overall in the Men's 200m Butterfly
Gold Coast, Australia 2018
- Won gold in the Men’s 4x100m Medley Relay
- Won silver in the Men’s 200m Butterfly
- Placed 4th in the Men’s 100m Butterfly
- Placed 8th in the Men’s 50m Butterfly
World Short Course Championships
Doha, Qatar 2014
- Placed 15th in the 50m butterfly
- Placed 15th in the100m butterfly
Windsor, Canada 2016
- Won silver in the Men’s 4x100m Medley Relay
- Won bronze in the Men’s 50m Butterfly
- Won bronze in the Men’s 100m Butterfly
- Won bronze in the Men’s 4x50m Medley Relay
World Long Course Championships
Kazan, Russia 2015
- Won silver in the Men’s 4x100m Medley Relay (heat swimmer)
- Placed 16th in the Men’s 200m Butterfly
Budapest, Hungary 2017
- Placed 16th in the Men’s 200m Butterfly (semi-final)
- Placed 16th in the Men’s 100m Butterfly (semi-final)
Gwangju, South Korea 2019
- Placed 15th in the Men's 100m Butterfly
- Placed 16th in the Men's 200m Butterfly
In The Pool
World Championships - Short Course
World Championships - Long Course
Get to know David
- My hobbies outside of swimming
- What is your most memorable sporting achievement?
- What is your sporting ambition?
- What's your nickname?
- What's on your pre-race playlist?
- Three words that best describe me
- What's something interesting about you that people don't know?
Photography, surf life saving, playing the guitar and technology.
Bronze medal at the 2016 Rio Olympics in the Men's 4x100m Medley Relay (Butterfly Leg).
To be the best I can.
Dave or clutch.
I am obsessed with photography and anything to do with technology