Gold Coast born and bred, Elijah Winnington had an impressive junior swimming record, including 26 National Age Championship gold medals and has an exciting future within the senior Dolphins team. His first appearance on the international stage, he was a member of the Men’s 4x200m Freestyle Relay team who won gold and set a new Games Record at the 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games. He is the back-to-back Australian Champion in the 400m Freestyle and made his first Olympic appearance in Tokyo in 2021.Read More
Tokyo, Japan 2020 (2021)
- Won bronze in the Men's 4x200m Freestyle Relay (heat swimmer)
- Placed 7th in the Men's 400m Freestyle
- Placed 22nd overall in the Men's 200m Freestyle
Gold Coast, Australia 2018
Won gold in the Men’s 4x200m Freestyle Relay (GR)
Pan Pacific Championships
Tokyo, Japan 2018
- Placed 10th in the Men’s 400m Freestyle
- Placed 12th in the Men’s 200m Freestyle
In The Pool
- Commonwealth Games Record
- Junior World Record
|Men's 4x200m Freestyle||
Alexander Graham (1:46.60)
|Gold Coast - Commonwealth Games||April 2018|
|Queensland State Championships, Brisbane||2018|
Q&A with Elijah
- My funniest swimming moment
- My coach always says
- My career aspiration outside of swimming
- My swimming career highlight
- Three words that best describe me
Anytime I am around my coach.
It’s not a purse, it’s a satchel. Indiana Jones has one.
To own a sporting management company to help and inspire young, upcoming athletes to pursue greatness.
Winning gold in the 4 x 200 relay at the Commonwealth Games.