TSS Aquatics swimmer Kai Edwards debuted at the 2019 World Championships where he competed in the Men's 10km and Men's 25km marathon event. Edwards battled near monsoon like conditions in the 25km race to place 5th overall in 4:51:17.20, only 11 seconds behind the overall winner. Two years later, Edwards qualified for his first Olympic Games and was Australia's representative in the Men's 10km event in Tokyo. Pushing himself all the way to the gantry, Edwards placed 12th overall in a stacked field of competitors.Read More
Tokyo, Japan 2020 (2021)
- Placed 12th overall in the Men's 10km
FINA World Junior Open Water Swimming Championships
Hoorn, Netherlands 2016
- Placed 6th in the Boys 10km - 18-19 Years
FINA Open Water World Cup
Hong Kong, 2018
- Placed 12th in the Men’s 10km Open
Chun An, China 2018
- Placed 10th in the Men’s 10km Open
FINA’s Marathon Swim World Series
Doha, Qatar 2019
Placed 5th in the Men’s 10km Open
Seychelles, Seychelles 2019
- Placed 6th in the Men's 10km Open
Yeosu, South Korea 2019
- Placed 5th in the Men's 25km
- Placed 14th in the Men's 10km
Get to know Kai
- What is your favourite swimming memory?
- What's on your pre-race playlist?
- What is your career aspiration after swimming?
- Three words that describe me
- What are your hobbies away from swimming?
- What is something people don't know about you?
Placing 6th at junior world champs.
Working as a sports manager with athletes.
Riding my motorcycle, surfing, lawn bowls.
I'm a sucker for love stories.