A member of the Para Development Squad, Kirralee Hayes has gone from strength to strength since she began swimming at the age of 13. Rising up through the ranks, Hayes put in strong performances at the Australian Multi-Class Swimming Championships in April on the Gold Coast, and then backed it up at the Australian Swimming Trials in June. Hayes trains under experienced para coach Yuriy Vdovychenko at the AIS in Canberra, but hails from Genesis Aquatics Centre in Bray Park, Queensland.Read More
Tokyo, Japan 2020 (2021)
- Placed 11th overall int he Women's 50m Freestyle (S13)
- Placed 12th overall in the Women's 100m Butterfly (S13)
Get to know Kirralee
- What's your favourite swimming memory?
- What's your greatest swimming achievement?
- Three words that best describe you
- What's the best holiday you've been on?
- Who is the most famous person you've met?
- Do you have any pets?
- What's your favourite meal?
Being part of the Para Development squad and attending the camp in Melbourne at the start of 2020.
Making the 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Team.
A three week cruise around the Mediterranean!
I have two dogs - an English Blue Staffy and a Kelpie-Cross named Buddy. I also have five goats!