Hailing from the beautiful city of Coffs Harbour, Maddy Gough trains under Chris Nesbit at TSS Aquatics. She qualified for her first Australian team in 2018 for the Women’s 1500m Freestyle at the Pan Pacific Championships. The young gun made the team to World Championships in 2019. At the 2021 Australian Swimming Trials Maddy set the Australian record for the 1500m freestyle allowing her to make her debut Olympic appearance in Tokyo.Read More
Tokyo, Japan 2020 (2021)
- Placed 8th overall in the Women's 1500m Freestyle
Pan Pacific Championships
Tokyo, Japan 2018
- Placed 4th in the Women’s 400m Freestyle
- Placed 6th in the Women’s 1500m Freestyle
- Placed 7th in the Women’s 800m Freestyle
Gwangju, South Korea 2019
- Placed 5th in the Women's 1500m Freestyle
- Australian Records
|Women's 1500m Freestyle||
|Adelaide, Australian Swimming Trials||17 June 2021|
Get to know Madeleine
- My funniest swimming moment
- My coach always says
- My career aspiration outside of swimming
- My swimming career highlight
- Three words that describe me
Being forced to swim relays with shoes and clothes on to earn pancakes for pancake day.
Don't breathe under the flags.
Making my first Australian team in the 1500m freestyle.