A specialist butterflier who hails from Victoria, Matt Temple made his Dolphin debut at the 2019 World Championships in South Korea. Placing sixth in the 100m butterfly, his first major international meet final. His terrific performance in the Men's 100m Butterfly at the World Swimming Trials was one of the highlights of the meet, as he and David Morgan (TSS Aquatics) touched for equal first. At the 2021 Australian Swimming Trials he secured his spot for on Tokyo Olympic team with an Australian record in the 100m butterfly.
Tokyo, Japan 2020 (2021)
- Won bronze in the Men's 4x100m Freestyle Relay
- Won bronze in the Mixed 4x100m Medley Relay
- Placed equal 5th overall in the Men's 100m Butterfly
- Placed 18th overall in the Men's 200m Butterfly
- Placed 5th overall in the Men's 4x100m Medley Relay
Gwangju, South Korea 2019
- Won gold in the Mixed 4x100m Medley Relay (heat swimmer)
- Placed 5th in the Men's 4x100m Medley Relay
- Placed 6th in the Men's 100m Butterfly
- Placed 10th in the Men's 200m Butterfly
In The Pool
- Australian Records
|Men's 100m Butterfly||
|Adelaide, Australian Swimming Trials||
Get to know Matt
- What's your favourite swimming memory?
- What's on your pre-race playlist?
- Three words that best describe me
- What are your hobbies away from swimming?
Club relay at Age Nationals, swimming in the outer lane to win the heat. Also, my draw at world trials in the 100m fly.
Push bikes, cars and travel.