Thomas Neill was deemed one to watch after the rising star won five age national titles at the 2019 Australian Age Swimming Championships. At the age of 19 he won gold in the 200m, 400m, 800m, 1500m freestyle as well as the 200m IM. This secured him his first international appearance at the 2019 World Junior Championships in Budapest where he won two silver and two bronze medals. Neill continued his success in 2021 with two podium finishes at the Australian National Championships and earned a spot on the Olympic team for Tokyo. On his debut he anchored the Men's 4x200m Freestyle Relay and brought home the bronze in a personal best time of 1:44.74.
Tokyo, Japan 2020 (2021)
- Won bronze in the Men's 4x200m Freestyle Relay
- Placed 9th overall in the Men's 200m Freestyle
- Placed 16th overall in the Men's 1500m Freestyle
In The Pool
Get to know Tommy
- When and why did you start swimming?
- Do you have any pre-competition rituals?
- What do you enjoy doing outside of swimming?
Started when I was 5 following my older brother and sister. Looked up to my older siblings and all I wanted to do was race
Listening to music on the way into the pool and doing the same dry land routine before each session.
Love motorsport and watching it