Swimming clubs are the backbone of our sport and it is important that they continue to develop, grow and are sustainable.
To find out more about club affiliation, contact your State / Territory Swimming Association.
A range of resources to assist clubs can be found below.
- Benefits of Affiliation
- Receiving regular State / Territory Swimming Association communications content, including promotions of events in your State / Territory
- Access to Swim Central to administer membership registrations and payments; administer meets and communicate with members
- Ability to nationally recognise members via the Bio Island Australia Junior Excellence (JX) program
- Ability to qualify for State / Territory and National recognition programs such as the Swimming Australia Club of the Year
- Comprehensive Marsh Sport insurance cover for members provided under the Swimming Australia national insurance program. For more information go the Marsh Insurance website
- Commitment to welcoming and inclusive club environments for all children and members via the Safe Sport Framework
- Access to club development support and resources
- Potential for an elite swimmer to visit your club
- Access to classification support via the multi class swimming engagement portal to assist swimmers with a disability.
- Club Websites
Affiliating your club with your State / Territory Swimming Association has many benefits for the club and members, including:
Safe sport and insurance
Club development and support
Clubs interested in affiliation should contact their State / Territory Swimming Association.
Please note as of 30 June 2022, free club websites hosted by Swimming Australia will be closed down. For further details, please contact your State/Territory Association here
- Club Management
- Club Development
- Club Health Check
- Play by the Rules
- State / Territory Swimming Association Club Management and Development Resources
These templates are designed to give clubs information on the various responsibilities of a club committee including position descriptions, committee structure and governance. To view the Committee Management resources, click here.
Marketing, Fundraising and Sponsorship
These resources will help guide your committee through fundraising tips and writing sponsorship proposals. Create closer links with your community and gain support from local sponsors. Click here.
These resources are designed to gives clubs information on recruiting and retaining volunteers including volunteer induction, recognition ideas and succession planning. Click here.
Sport Australia have developed a range of resources to support clubs in examining how they operate and to support improvement. These resources can be found here.
Sport Australia have developed 'Game Plan', a digital platform designed to provide sporting clubs of all sizes with insights into their current capability and connect them with specific tools and resources to build and support ongoing development. More information on Game Plan can be found here.
Play by the Rules is a unique collaboration between Sport Integrity Australia, Sport Australia, Australian Human Rights Commission, all state and territory departments of sport and recreation, all state and territory anti-discrimination and human rights agencies, the Office of the Children's Guardian (NSW) and the Anti-Discrimination Board of NSW. These partners promote Play by the Rules through their networks, along with their own child safety, anti-discrimination and inclusion programs.
Play by the Rules provides information, resources, tools and free online training to increase the capacity and capability of administrators, coaches, officials, players, parents and spectators to assist them in preventing and dealing with discrimination, harassment, child safety, inclusion and integrity issues in sport.
More information and resources can be found here.
Your State / Territory Swimming Association may also have additional club development and management resources. For more information search below:
Club of the Year
- Previous Club of the Year Winners
2020 - South Esk Swimming Club, TAS
2019 - Ballarat Swimming Club, VIC
2018 – South Gippsland Bass, VIC
2017 – Bunbury Swimming Club, WA
2016 – Warwick Swimming Club, QLD