Swimming clubs are the backbone of our sport and it is key for us to ensure that clubs and coaches continue to develop and excel.
We have developed a range of resources and programs for Clubs to help achieve this goal.
- Benefits of Affiliation
- Free club website
- Comprehensive Insurance Cover provided under the Swimming Australia National Insurance Program through JLT Sport
- Commitment to welcoming and inclusive club environments for all children and members via the Safe Sport Framework .
- Access to ClubLane to administer membership registration and payments
- Ability to communicate to all members via ClubLane Including tailored club newsletter functionality
- Ability to administer and run meets through the Online Meet Entry system
- Keep informed and up to date with regular correspondence from Swimming Australia and your State Swimming Association
- Ability to qualify for recognition programs such as the Swimming Australia Club of the Year
- Access to member benefits for your members such as Junior Excellence, New Member Kits and associated promotional resource
- Access to on the ground support from the Club Development network
- Potential for an elite swimmer to visit your club
- Access to Club Development tools such as the Club Health Checklist and the 7 Pillars of Inclusion resources
- Access to club support including resources, guidelines and templates to assist your club
Affiliating your club with Swimming Australia and your State Swimming Association has many benefits for the club and members.
- Club Administration
- Download for FREE!
- Print ready (300 dpi) poster size
- Space at the bottom for your club logo
- Club Websites
These templates are designed to support clubs in planning for the future. What is your club's vision, mission and how do you plan to get there? These resources will help! Click here.
Use these templates to put together a coaching structure that best suits your club. Click here.
These templates are designed to give clubs information on the various responsibilities of a club committee including position descriptions, committee structure and governance. To view the Committee Management resources, click here.
Conflict and Complaint Management
Good resources to help your committee manage conflicts of interest and how to handle complaints. Click here.
A good working relationship with your local Council or venue is important. These resources will help answer any questions you may have about facility management. Click here.
JLT Sport to deliver insurance information to all members of Swimming Australia and State Swimming Associations and ensure availability of information regarding the National Insurance Program.
For more information go the the JLT website
Marketing, Fundraising and Sponsorship
These resources will help guide your committee through fundraising tips and writing sponsorship proposals. Create closer links with your community and gain support from local sponsors. Click here.
'Please Remember' Posters
Play by the Rules have developed a series of posters promoting good behaviour in grass roots sport. There are 3 different swimming posters for clubs to download.
To download your posters click here.
These resources are designed to gives clubs information on recruiting and retaining volunteers including volunteer induction, recognition ideas and succession planning. Click here.
A benefit of being an affiliated club with Swimming Australia is a free club website. If you would like to enquire about getting a new free website for your club, please send your Club Administrators name and contact email address here.
Club of the Year
- Previous Optus Club of the Year Winners
Optus Club of the Year 2019
The Swimming Australia Optus Club of the Year aims to recognise and reward swimming clubs that are demonstrating a commitment and passion to positively change lives through Swimming. The 2019 Optus Club of the Year will recognise swimming club development and achievements between 1 July 2018 and 30 June 2019.
If your club is nominated as a finalist or is lucky enough to win this award you may be eligible to receive lots of great prizes including prize money, an athlete appearance and the development of your very own club promotional video.
The winner will be announced at the 2019 Hancock Prospecting Australian Short Course Championships in October. Information regarding 2019 nominations will be posted here when available.
Information regarding the 2019 nominations will be posted here.
2018 – South Gippsland Bass, VIC
2017 – Bunbury Swimming Club, WA
2016 – Warwick Swimming Club, QLD