Our new award-winning Advanced course builds on knowledge gained since completing the Development Course and provides successful students with eligibility to obtain Swimming Australia Advanced Coach accreditation.
About this coach
- Successful Advanced Coaches bring out each swimmers ability by identifying individual needs and planning and implementing suitable training programs based on individual swimmer needs. They implement support systems that develop the individual swimmers physical and psychological fitness and maximises their performance.
- Advanced Coaches have an in-depth understanding of the skills, tactics and strategies required and focus on skill development and decision making in a competitive environment. They help their swimmers develop a wider sense of sporting ethics and nurture a love of competition while also encouraging a life-long love of the sport.
- The Swimming Australia Advanced Coaching Course focuses on continuous improvement in coaching skill, education and promotion of participation in competitive swimming at regional, state and national age competitions.
Pre-requisite for enrolment
- Before coaches can enrol in the Advanced Course, they must have held Swimming Australia Development Accreditation for a minimum of 12 months.
- The Advanced Coaching Course consists of 7 online modules, online assessments, submission of assignments tasks, several workshops, and practical coaching hours under a Mentor. The full course will take 9-12 months to complete all requirements.
To enrol in the Advanced Coaching Course
- Login to Swim Central
- Go to Store
- Click on Development & Training
- Click on Courses
- Click on Advanced Coaching Course enrolment
To achieve accreditation as a Swimming Australia Advanced Coach, you’ll need to provide the following documents into our sport management system Swim Central:
- Statement of Attainment for completion of the Advanced Coaching Course
- current Working With Children Check
- current First Aid qualification (HLTAID003 or HLTAID011)
- current CPR qualification (HLTAID001 or HLTAID009)
- completion of Swimming Australia Safe Sport module
- completion of Sport Integrity Australia Annual Update 2022 (formerly Anti-Doping Level 2), Whereabouts course, Coach course and Competition Manipulation and Sports Betting
- current ASCTA membership
If you need assistance with course enrolment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org