Our Development Coaching Course provides eligibility to obtain entry-level Swimming Australia Development Coach Accreditation.
About this coach
- Successful Development Coaches create experiences which focus on the benefits of developing skills and increasing fitness. Their enthusiasm and encouragement provide extra motivation for participants to develop a love of swimming and sustain this interest over their lives.
- Development coaches have the knowledge and skills to help swimmers with technical and tactical development, goal setting and realising a sense of achievement by setting appropriate challenges while showing concern for safety and psychological comfort.
- The Swimming Australia Development Course focuses on developing a broad range of introductory coaching skills and techniques while also promoting participation in competitive swimming at club and district level. Above all, this coach encourages participation, swimming for fun, play and skills whilst fostering a safe swimming environment.
Pre-requisite for enrolment
- Before coaches can enrol in the Development Course, they must have held a Teacher of Competitive Swimming qualification for a minimum of 6 months (Swim Australia Teacher of Competitive Swimming or AUSTSWIM Teacher of Towards Competitive Strokes).
- This is to ensure coaches are tackling the right level of education, at the right time and with the right level of background knowledge and experience to be able to successfully complete the course theory and effectively apply the learning with their athletes.
- The Development Coaching Course consists of an online course, a face to face workshop, and assessment task.
To enrol in the Development Coaching Course
- Login or create an account on Swim Central
- Upload your prerequisite document under the document category 'Application and Enrolment Form' and document type 'Coaching course prerequisite verification'
- Upload your Working With Children Check
- Go to Store
- Click on Development & Training
- Click on Courses
- Search for Development Coaching Course enrolment
To achieve accreditation as a Swimming Australia Development Coach, you’ll need to provide the following documents into our sport management system Swim Central:
- Statement of Attainment for completion of the Development Coach Program
- current Working With Children Check
- current First Aid qualification (HLTAID003 or HLTAID011)
- current CPR qualification (HLTAID001 or HLTAID009)
- Completion of the Swimming Australia Safe Sport module
- Completion of the Sport Integrity Australia Anti-Doping Fundamentals Course (formerly Level 1)
If you need assistance with course enrolment, please contact email@example.com