We are thrilled to announce that Swimming Australia is upgrading our e-Learning platform. The new Swimming Australia Knowledge Hub eLearning platform developed in partnership with Sport Australia and the Australian Institute of Sport will take our coach education and development to the next level.
To ensure new learners enrolling in the Swimming Australia Development Coaching Course will not have their learning disrupted in the transition, all learning will be assigned onto the new Swimming Australia Knowledge Hub eLearning Platform once the upgrade is complete. There may be a slight delay before your learning is available.
Our Development Coaching Course provides eligibility to obtain entry-level Swimming Australia Development Coach Accreditation.
About this coach
- Successful Development Coaches create experiences which focus on the benefits of developing skills and increasing fitness. Their enthusiasm and encouragement provide extra motivation for participants to develop a love of swimming and sustain this interest over their lives.
- Development coaches have the knowledge and skills to help swimmers with technical and tactical development, goal setting and realising a sense of achievement by setting appropriate challenges while showing concern for safety and psychological comfort.
- The Swimming Australia Development Course focuses on developing a broad range of introductory coaching skills and techniques while also promoting participation in competitive swimming at club and district level. Above all, this coach encourages participation, swimming for fun, play and skills whilst fostering a safe swimming environment.
Pre-requisite for enrolment
- Before coaches can enrol in the Development Course, they must have held a Teacher of Competitive Swimming qualification for a minimum of 6 months (Swim Australia Teacher of Competitive Swimming or AUSTSWIM Teacher of Towards Competitive Strokes).
- This is to ensure coaches are tackling the right level of education, at the right time and with the right level of background knowledge and experience to be able to successfully complete the course theory and effectively apply the learning with their athletes.
- The Development Coaching Course consists of an online component, a face to face workshop, and practical supervision and assessment by a Mentor.
To achieve accreditation as a Swimming Australia Development Coach, you’ll need to provide the following documents into our sport management system Swim Central:
- Statement of Attainment for completion of the Development Coaching Course
- current Working With Children Check
- current First Aid qualification (HLTAID003)
- current CPR qualification (HLTAID001)
- Completion of the Swimming Australia Safe Sport module
- Completion of the Sport Integrity Australia Anti-Doping Fundamentals Course (formerly Level 1)
To enrol in the Development Coaching Course
*Please see note at the top of the page
- Login or create an account on Swim Central
- Go to Store
- Click on Development & Training
- Click on Courses
- Search for Development Coaching Course enrolment
- If any document requirements are missing, upload under My Documents
If you need assistance with course enrolment, please contact email@example.com