Our new award-winning Performance Course builds on knowledge gained since completing the Advanced Course and provides successful students with eligibility to obtain the highest available level of Swimming Australia Performance Coach accreditation.
About this coach
- Successful Performance Coaches develop people and structures to sustain success for swimming. They do this by balancing data and information with intuition and experience to make accurate evidence-based decisions under pressure. They trust their swimmers to take responsibility for their own performances, and they welcome feedback.
- These Coaches are resilient risk takers, strategic thinkers, influential leaders, trusted mentors, relentless learners, skilled facilitators and strong collaborators. They are influenced by swimmer need and help drive the personal and social development of the individual alongside maximising performance.
- The Swimming Australia Performance Course is designed to develop the competencies required to not only coach elite level swimmers but to become a leader, a role model and someone who can help develop the next generation of coaches in the swimming community.
Pre-requisite for enrolment
- Before coaches can enrol in the Performance Course, they must have held Swimming Australia Advanced Accreditation for a minimum of 24 months.
- The Performance Coaching Course consists of 7 online modules, online assessments, submission of assignments tasks, several face to face workshops, practical coaching hours under a Mentor and a presentation to peers at a state or national conference. The full course will take approximately 18-24 months to complete all requirements.
To enrol in the Performance Coaching Course
- Login to Swim Central
- Go to Store
- Click on Development & Training
- Click on Courses
- Click on Performance Coaching Course enrolment
- To purchase this product, you will need to upload evidence of meeting the prerequisite criteria as the document type Coaching Course Prerequisite Verification
To achieve accreditation as a Swimming Australia Performance Coach, you’ll need to provide the following documents into our sport management system Swim Central:
- Statement of Attainment for completion of the Performance Coaching Course
- current Working With Children Check
- current First Aid qualification (HLTAID003 or HLTAID011)
- current CPR qualification (HLTAID001 or HLTAID009)
- completion of Swimming Australia Safe Sport module
- completion of Sport Integrity Aus Annual Update course (formerly Anti-Doping Level 2), Whereabouts course, Coach course and Competition Manipulation and Sports Betting
- current ASCTA membership
If you need assistance with course enrolment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org