Our new award-winning Performance Course builds on knowledge gained since completing the Advanced Course and provides successful students with eligibility to obtain the highest available level of Swimming Australia Performance Coach accreditation.
About this coach
- Successful Performance Coaches develop people and structures to sustain success for swimming. They do this by balancing data and information with intuition and experience to make accurate evidence-based decisions under pressure. They trust their swimmers to take responsibility for their own performances, and they welcome feedback.
- These Coaches are resilient risk takers, strategic thinkers, influential leaders, trusted mentors, relentless learners, skilled facilitators and strong collaborators. They are influenced by swimmer need and help drive the personal and social development of the individual alongside maximising performance.
- The Swimming Australia Performance Course is designed to develop the competencies required to not only coach elite level swimmers but to become a leader, a role model and someone who can help develop the next generation of coaches in the swimming community.
Pre-requisite for enrolment
- Before coaches can enrol in the Performance Course, they must have held Swimming Australia Advanced Accreditation for a minimum of 24 months.
- The Performance Coaching Course consists of 7 online modules, online assessments, submission of assignments tasks, several face to face workshops, practical coaching hours under a Mentor and a presentation to peers at a state or national conference. The full course will take approximately 18-24 months to complete all requirements.
To achieve accreditation as a Swimming Australia Performance Coach, you’ll need to provide the following documents into our sport management system Swim Central:
- Statement of Attainment for completion of the Performance Coaching Course
- current Working With Children Check
- current First Aid qualification (HLTAID003)
- current CPR qualification (HLTAID001)
- completion of Swimming Australia Safe Sport module
- completion of Sport Integrity ASADA Level 2, Whereabouts course, Coach course and Matchfixing course
- current ASCTA membership
To enrol in the Performance Coaching Course
- Login to Swim Central
- Go to Shopping
- Click on Courses
- Select Product Type Course
- Search for Performance Coaching Course enrolment
- You will be required to upload a document showing you meet the course prerequisite.
- For support with enrolment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org