Becoming a Swimming Australia accredited swimming coach is the first step to developing the skills and confidence to assist competitive swimmers to become the best they can be.
Holding current Swimming Australia coach accreditation is the minimum requirement for coaching competitive squads within swimming clubs or other facilities and to be able to coach on pool deck at swim meets.
The Coach Accreditation Pathway:
Australian swimming coaches gain their accreditation through a multi-level competency-based training system that helps the coach develop knowledge and practical skills to improve their coaching ability over their career. The 3-tier coaching accreditation framework comprise the following levels: Development, Advanced and Performance.
Achieving Swimming Australia coach accreditation ensures coaches meet the minimum standards required to be able to run or oversee competitive squads or coach at competitive meets.
The first step to gaining accreditation at any level, is to complete the coaching course related to the accreditation level. Details of the Swimming Australia Coach Education courses can be found here.
Understanding Coach Accreditation:
A coach who holds a Swimming Australia Coach Accreditation means:
The coach has attended a world leading coach training program in which they learned from experienced coaching mentors and experts to develop their coaching skills and knowledge.
The coach has committed to upholding a range of world leading quality coaching standards endorsed by Swimming Australia and Sport Australia including:
- Swimming Australia National Integrity Framework including Australian standards in ethics and integrity, anti-doping and member protection;
- Swimming Australia Safe Sport Standards;
- Working With Children Check/Vulnerable People compliance;
- First Aid & CPR certified.
By committing to these standards, you can be confident Swimming Australia Accredited Coaches have the skills, knowledge and competency to provide the highest quality coaching environment.
Swimming Australia Accredited Coaches are:
- Covered by Swimming Australia Coaches Insurance for their work in regards to swimming coaching at an affiliated club;
- Kept up to date with the State and National bodies on all things swimming;
- Trained using world leading training programs to provide the best training experience to their athletes.
Swimming Australia Coach accreditation requirements are developed to continually improved coaches knowledge base and help coaches evolve over time and are always striving to be the forefront of swimming coaching skills and knowledge.
Swimming Australia currently offers a range of coaching accreditation to support all participants on their swimming journey These levels of accreditation are described in the National Coaching Framework.
To find out more information or to register your interest in one of our upcoming coaching programs, contact us via email@example.com.
Benefits of Coach Accreditation:
By becoming a Swimming Australia Accredited Coach you will develop:
- Skills, knowledge and expertise to coach athletes in the fundamentals of swimming;
- Knowledge of the basics of the science of swimming, e.g. planning and programming, nutrition, sports physiology and growth and development;
- The essential skills or “art of coaching” – the fundamentals of communication and relationship building which are critical to quality coaching.
As a Swimming Australia Accredited Coach, you will:
- Receive Accreditation Certificate;
- Clearinghouse for Sport – As a Swimming Australia Accredited Coach you are eligible for free access to Clearinghouse for Sport – Australia’s Online Sport Library;
- Access to State and National Coach Professional Development initiatives;
- Access to pool deck at Swimming Australia swim meets.