- Provide information regarding endometriosis, how it can be diagnosed and managed
- Highlight period pain influencing your daily life and athletic performance is not normal and indicate when to seek the advice of a doctor
- Normalise the conversation around menstrual dysfunction to improve athlete awareness, health and performance
- Endometriosis is a common and often painful condition that affects 1 in 8 women, occurring when tissue that normally lines the uterus (the endometrium) is found in other areas of the body
- Symptom type and severity can vary between athletes depending where endometrial tissue is located with the most common symptoms chronic pelvic pain, especially before and during your period
- A certain amount of discomfort with periods may be normal; however, pain that stops you from living your everyday life or impacting your athletic performance is not normal.
- While it cannot be cured, there are many ways endometriosis can be treated with the most suitable treatment dependent on your individual goals and circumstances.