30 September 2019
It's 25 days until Short Course comes to Melbourne, so we've got 25 reasons why you won't want to miss it!
- It's back in Melbourne at the world-class Melbourne Sports Centre - MASC. This outdoor venue is undercover and has a beautiful vista overlooking Albert Park Lake.
- You want good value? Well heats are FREE to attend, don't forget to register! Finals start at $10. Season passes (for every session) are $30. Book your ticket here.
- Come for the racing, stay for the party. This year the coolest place to be is the poolside party! You're so close to the action you might get a few splashes, but you'll be looked after with beverages and canapes at the poolside enclosure.
Available on Saturday 26 October, 4 - 7pm. Book your 'VIP Poolside Pass' now.
- See our Australian Dolphins back from the World Para Swimming Championships in London over three days of racing, including gold medalists Tiffany Thomas-Kane and Lucky Patterson.
- Many or your favourite Dolphins are also competing including Melbourne locals, Mack Horton, Jorden Merrilees and Matt Temple, plus interstate challengers James Roberts, Brianna Throssell, Zac Stublety-Cook, Bradley Woodward, Jenna Strauch, David Morgan and Kiah Melvertson.
- National titles are on the line. Who will be crowned the Short Course Champions?
- Arena will launch a new merchandise range including hoodies, t-shirts, caps and more. Get your stylish, Italian, Short Course gear or Dolphin fan range before they sell out!
- Plus, arena's pop-up-shop will have all your favourite swimming equipment from goggles, caps, kickboards, swimwear and more.
- Participate in a FREE live iSwim session with Australian Dolphins Olympic medalist, Andrew Lauterstein. Saturday 26 October, 2pm - 3pm. Then stay for the finals action that get's underway at 4.30pm. See more details here. Reserve your spot - email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We have a LIVE DJ on pool deck to pump out the tunes. And you guessed it, it's none other than DJ Louderstein.
- Greatness on the Green is the new interactive sports zone for fans. Enjoy some table tennis, volleyball or croquet on the lawn in between the racing action.
- The Coon toastie truck returns for the finals session on opening night.
- Swimming Victoria Clubs will compete for the illustrious Community Relay title when they take to the pool for the curtain raiser in the 8x50m mixed freestyle relay on Friday 25 October.
- The iSwim Masters Relay will take place as the opener on Saturday night. You're never too old to rule the pool. These Masters swimmers will surprise you with their pace.
- Run by and Australian Dolphin and coaches the Bio Island Australian JX Clinic will stop in Melbourne.
- Watch the big screen for exclusive content for fans.
- For those interstate or unable to make it, tune into the coverage on the 7Plus app or iSwim app. Watch every race LIVE & FREE thanks to 7.
- We'll be celebrating World Swim Day on Saturday 26.
- Pull on your trivia hats, they'll be live quizzes every night with exciting prize packs from our sponsors.
- Australian Dolphin Matt Welsh will be contributing to the commentary team with special comment.
- See Australia's rising stars. The next wave of juniors to watch out for include World Junior Champion, Lani Pallister, Ashleigh Brinkworth, Will Stockwell, Eliza King and Thomas Neill to name a few.
- MSAC is easy to access via public transport. There’s a tram stop right out the front! Catch the 12 or 96 from CBD Melbourne.
- MSAC is surrounded by great restaurants, parklands and facilities. Make a weekend trip and visit the most livable city.
- A few familiar faces will be popping by for a meet and greet. See your Australian Dolphins at greatness on the green.
- Double the fun, double the laps! It’s swum in a 25m pool – every seat can see more of the action, bigger splash, more turns – it’s swimming’s T20.