17 April 2018
Swimming Pools might not be the most exciting dinner party conversation but they could just get a look in when armed with funny facts like this.
- The largest pool in the world is Alfonso del Mar Seawater Pool which is in Chile and is 1,013 metres long.
- There are over 10 million swimming pools wold wide with Australian’s building more domestic swimming pools (per capita) than any other country.
- An Olympic sized pool can hold approximately 3 million litres of water.
- It is claimed that Benjamin Franklin invented Swim Fins after he used two planks of wood in his hands to propel himself faster through the water.
- The first heated swimming pool was built by Gaius Maecenas of Rome in the first century BC. Gaius Maecenas was a friend of Caesar Augustus and the first emperor of Rome.