Ultra marathon swimmer Chloë McCardel isn't one to shy away from adversity, challenge and pushing boundaries.
33 successful English Channel crossings, Chloë's 2020 challenge is to take the men's World Record 34 English Channel crossings.
Her successful 32nd crossing time of 9 hours and 44 minutes in late July was the start of her campaign and more recently finishing her 33rd successful crossing in 10 hours and 24 minutes (not ratified).
If Chloe completes a 34th successful crossing she will equal the men's record, 35 and Chloë will become the World Record holder.
If that isn't enough Chloë is passionate about inspiring and empowering people to achieve extraordinary results in their own lives. Coaching over 150 people to swim the English Channel, including youngest solo Victorian Fernanda Lopez (16 yo) and 59 year old Rick Steiner, farmer from Maryborough who become oldest person in history to do a double non stop crossing of the English Channel.
Chloë's list of achievements is as long as the gruelling and notoriously difficult English Channel.
With 33 successful crossings of the English Channel.
- Including 24 x single crossings (34km each)
- 3 x double non-stop crossings (68km each)
- Triple non-stop crossing in 2015 (102km), the first triple crossing in 25 years.
- 2016 crossed the English Channel eight times, breaking the World Record for completed crossings in one season
- 2014 set the World Record for the longest ratified unassisted ocean swim of 124.4km in 41.5 hours (completed in the Bahamas).
- 2016 inducted into the International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame as its youngest member, and awarded the prestigious ‘Poseidon Award’
- Awarded the 2014 and 2015 Marathon Swimmers Federation ‘Solo Swim of the Year (Female)
- The Channel Swimming Association has awarded Chloë 24 awards and plates for her English Channel achievements.
- Inducted to the Australian Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame.
As Victoria goes into strict lockdown, it is wonderful to know that Victorian born Chloë McCardel is pushing the boundaries of marathon swimming and what the human mind and body can achieve.
To follow Chloë's epic journey click on the links below.
To track you swimming journey - download our free iSwim app - free on the apple and android stores.