Led by President John Bertrand, Swimming Australia's Board of Directors consists of eight passionate, dedicated and committed members who all bring different strengths to the table.
- Mr John Bertrand AO - President
- Dual Olympian – Munich 1972, Montreal 1976 (Bronze medallist)
- Skippered Australia II to victory in the 1983 America's Cup
- Member of the Order of Australia in recognition of services to yachting (1985)
- Awarded Australian Sports Medal for outstanding achievement in the America's Cup (2000)
- Awarded Centenary Medal for service to Australian society through sport (2001)
- Chairman of the Prime Minister's Alannah and Madeline Foundation (2001 - current)
- Chairman of The Sport Australia Hall of Fame (2005 - current)
- Named Melbournian of the Year (2008)
- Received Monash University's Distinguished Alumni Lifetime Achievement Award (2011)
- Vice Chancellor Professorial Fellow of Monash University (2013)
- Ms Abi Cleland - Director
- Mr Bruce Havilah - Director
- Mr Graeme Johnson - Director
- Ms Nicole Livingstone OAM - Director
- Ms Tracy Stockwell OAM - Director
- Director, Stockwell (1995 - current)
- Director, Stockwell Foundation (2000 - current)
- Dual Olympic Swimmer (1980, 1984)
- Triple Olympic Gold Medallist (1984)
- Five-time World Champion Gold Medallist (1978)
- Five World and 63 American Records
- United States Congressional Medal of Honour
- Member of United States National Team (1977- 1984)
- Director, Queensland Academy of Sport (2000 - 2012) (Chair 2007 - 2012)
- Founding Member and Board Member of Womensport Queensland Association (1993 - 2007)
- Director, Queensland Events Corporation (1999 - 2008)
- Executive Officer, Queensland Academy of Sport (1992 - 1995)
- Andrew Baildon - Director
- Kieren Perkins OAM - Director
BE (Hons) Monash University, MSc Ocean Engineering Massachusetts Institute of Technology
BA (Monash University), BCom (Monash University), MBA (Melbourne University), GAICD
Managing Director Absolute Partners (Current)
Non-Executive Director Orora
Chair Planwise (fintech start-up)
Advisory Committee Member Lazards PE Fund 2
Non-Executive Director AIBM (Business Spectator) (2010 - 2012)
Prior Appointments: MD 333 Management, GM Direct Channels ANZ, GM Strategy/Corporate Development (ANZ, IPL, Amcor)
||BJrnl, University of Florida, 1985
Post his athletic career Kieren was a Director of Performance Global Pty Ltd and former Partner of RogenSi, a global consulting and training company.
In 2009 Kieren joined NAB and was appointed Head of Private Clients and Business Development for NAB Private Wealth in Queensland.
In August 2012 Kieren was appointed Head of NAB Private Wealth QLD. In 2016, General Manager NAB Private, Client Experience. In 2017, General Manager NAB Private Direct and in 2018 Kieren was appointed GM B&PB Enablement.
Kieren has also had the honour of serving on multiple Boards in corporate, Government and Not for Profit capacities including The Australian Sports Commission, Swimming Australia Ltd, the ANZCA Foundation, NFP Online, and Starlight Children’s Foundation. He is currently a board member of the Sport Australia Hall of Fame.
Kieren was awarded the Order of Australia Medal in 1992 for services to sport, Young Australian of the Year in 1993 and made an honorary Doctor of Philosophy by Queensland University in 2001.